Saturday, January 30, 2010

Coming Distractions February 2nd, 2010


Zombieland: The few survivors of a zombie plague form a ragtag group in order to survive and to learn a valuable lesson about trusting others amidst much blood and madness. It's fun, plus it's only 88 minutes long, so really: what do you have to lose?


Cold Souls: Paul Giamatti gets his soul extracted. Too bad it looks like a chickpea. But the real question is: does it taste like one?

House of the Devil: Step back into 1983 and enjoy The Fixx's One Thing Leads to Another while you wander through a house in the country and wait for the occult to come and use your body for some dark, dastardly purpose. And this movie's not great, but it's good and yes, I admit it, I was (kinda) scared to go to bed afterward.


New York, I Love You: The sequel to Paris, Je t'aime. Why don't more short film collections get released? Who decided all movies had to be between 80 and say 15o minutes? Aren't there some stories that deserve to be told but don't need to be get all stretched out of shape like some old sweater?

More Than a Game: Sorry, other than having been required to watch Rudy in gym class in high school I don't know anything about sports or about sports movies. Guess we'll have to rustle up some guest blogger who knows their pigskin from their... (my brain's working too slow today. Insert slightly dirty joke here).

Amelia: Amelia Earhart Biopic. I haven't seen Amelia, but I think you should go watch The Aviator instead. It's great. And it looks sensational, as well. The cinematographer only employed the colors that would have been in cinema used at the time. And you can learn something about obsessive-compulsive disorder. I think I would have watched it a long time ago if it wasn't called The Aviator. I think that's a terrible title, even though it's got planes in it. Maybe it should be renamed Planes on the Brains or something awesome like that. What do you think?

No comments: