Saturday, August 15, 2009

Coming Distractions August 18th, 2009


Tyson
The Tiger's Tail
Surveillance
Last House on the Left
Dexter - 3rd Season
Sons of Anarchy - 1st Season
The Simpsons - 12th Season
Gossip Girl - 2nd Season

I think that you should watch this excellently eerie (yet informational!) British public service announcement.



Then, if you're like me, you might wanna go watch the Red Band Trailer for Legion. Because, if you're like me, you really enjoy some sweet old lady turning crazy vicious. Ah, the happy memories of such films, like some evil old lady vs. sweet young girl in Drag Me to Hell. Or Ruth Gordon in Rosemary's Baby. Perhaps a little Gloria Swanson in Sunset Boulevard. Nobody's very old in Mildred Pierce but there's still some good mother/daughter fighting between Joan Crawford and Ann Blyth, which includes a lot of great scenes of slapping drinks out of other people's hands (something I've always not-so-secretly wanted to do! But I don't like cleaning up broken glass...) Or Bette Davis vs. Joan Crawford in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? I think I'm just really glad these examples are out there on film so that I finally have some proper role models in my life. Which of your favorite cruel old women am I missing?

1 comment:

Miss Molly Manglewood said...

The first thing that springs to my mind is Dead Alive/Brain Dead. Scariest old lady ever.